Our area is full of events and interesting destinations to take a dip in the culture, art and nature of "the Salento"…
The strategic position of the B&B will allow you to easily reach the most beautiful beaches of the Ionian coast, such as Baia Verde, Punta della Suina, Punta Pizzo and the Maldives of Salento going down to Santa Maria di Leuca. Or the beautiful beaches of Porto Cesareo, Torre Lapillo and Punta Prosciutto to the north.
Beaches stretch all the way to the nearby Gallipoli, while low and accessible cliffs with crystal clear waters characterize the coast towards Porto Selvaggio.
The Salento, in addition to being famous for its beautiful beaches and the colors of the sea, with the advent of high season offers entertainment options for all tastes: cocktails by the sea, feasts "seasoned" by the rhythm of pinch, restaurants open until late, night clubs, discos and beach parties until dawn. For the entire month of August in the towns of Salento Greece and in the historic centers of neighboring countries held the "Festival della Taranta".
This suggestive area, whose name is Salento, is rich in nature reserves, where it is possible to make excursions along trekking routes as:
• The Natural Park of "Porto Selvaggio" Wild Harbour (video) famous for the Caves of Capelvenere, Cavallo and Uluzzo, with its precious prehistorical heritage and the limpid, transparent water of its bay;
• The marine swamps of the Capitano and of the Conte;
• The Iland of Sant'Andrea just opposite Gallipoli; The swamps and the typical bushes of Ugento lying to he south of Gallipoli;
• The Alimini Lakes on the Adriatic side (less than 50 km)
• The B&B Happy Days is located near a lot of artistic towns and villages of great historical interest;
• Lecce: the main city of the area, with a characteristic, historical centre where you can admire a splendid example of the Baroque architecture, unique for its refinement;
• Nardò: a town of roman origins with the castle, monuments and typical baroque buildings in its ancient part;
• Galatina, Soleto e Corigliano with attractive historical centres;
• Gallipoli: the "beautiful town" (kale polis in Greek), a suggestive medieval city centre with narrow winding streets, ramparts, a castle, the shining cupolas of its churches, the Greek fountain (the eldest in Italy);
Sighting coastal towers, built in late 1500, are real jewels of military building witch mark the landscape of the Salento coast, Typical fortified farms mainly sited in the hinterland.