The area is particularly rich in them
Protected areas of particular value, for which organized trekking routes are available, such as:
• The Porto Selvaggio Natural Park with the Capelvenere, Cavallo and Uluzzo caves, famous for the precious prehistoric traces and the inviting and transparent waters of its bay;
• The “Capitano” and “Conte” marshes towards Porto Cesareo;
• The marine reserve of Porto Cesareo• The island of Sant’Andrea in front of Gallipoli• The scrubland and the marsh of Ugento south of Gallipoli
• The Alimini lakes on the side of the Adriatic Sea (less than 50 km.)
Cities of art and minor historic centers are located within a radius of 25 km from the B&B.
• Lecce: city of art of great quality for the presence of an original and refined baroque style;
• Nardò: 5 km from the house, easily reachable also by bicycle, a city of very ancient origins, with a historic center particularly rich in prestigious monuments and churches,
• Galatina, Soleto and Corigliano with their respective characteristic historical centres;
• Gallipoli one of the wonders of the Mediterranean. With a medieval village of great value, narrow and winding alleys that break into the houses, the ramparts, the castle, the dazzling domes of its churches, the Greek fountain remodeled in the Renaissance period, the beautiful baronial palaces, it is the center of life nightlife and nightlife
• The coastal sighting and signaling towers, erected in the late sixteenth century, are, in their severe essentiality, real jewels of military construction that strongly characterize the coasts of Salento;
• The fortified farms, numerous and open to visitors, are located above all inland.
Salento Grecìa, where the “Grecanico” is still spoken, with its very original 10 historic centers close to each other, with typical courtyard houses, mignani, portals, underground oil mills, crypts and ancient churches.